The IT market is rapidly changing with advances in technologies, integrations, automation, and new challenges. With these changes comes the need for informed, updated, and highly qualified staff to help navigate your business through a turbulent technological time. As a ServiceNow Elite Services Partner, InSource excels at finding and hiring quality staff, and specifically those who specialize in ServiceNow products and solutions. ServiceNow is a very niche but in-demand skill that can help integrate your IT department function more efficiently, be integrated more fully and cut company costs
2020 Recruiting ServiceNow Professionals
IT staffing starts with recruiting the best candidates. In 2020, recruiting qualified IT staff may be more successful by paying attention to the candidate experience. Recruiters in 2020 will convince the candidate to want to become an employee by making the process easy, giving the right amount of human attention, aligning goals of the company to the recruiting process, and customize messages to the different goals of individual candidates.
IT staffing should use technology but use it wisely. The same can be said about AI. AI is meant to enhance the role of the recruiter by creating an agile and intuitive initial screen process, but it should not replace humans and cannot be confirmed as unbiased because humans are behind their program design. IT staffing recruitment by HR should use metrics driven by data, but the trends seen should be questions as a way to drive decisions instead of being taken at face value.
Top ServiceNow Staffing Qualifications
Due to the success of the ServiceNow platform, there is an enormous amount of demand for skilled ServiceNow professionals and a general shortage of talent in the marketplace in 2020. Businesses should evaluate candidates’ certifications and experience with other platforms and consider their relevance for a ServiceNow position. Although the technical requirements for a ServiceNow professional are essentially not changed, more organizations are putting a greater emphasis on soft skills such as empathy and communication. Businesses are realizing that these interpersonal skills are extremely valuable and help create a cohesive work environment that helps IT staffing in the future when recruiting new candidates.
Screening Process for ServiceNow Staffing
IT staffing in 2020 needs to include a situational interview for potential ServiceNow professionals. Asking situational interview questions helps IT staff recruiters understand how the candidate would handle certain scenarios with both team members or clients and enables them to reduce the probability of hiring someone who is not a great fit. The screening process for ServiceNow staffing should confirm the candidate’s qualifications.
At InSource, our mission is not only to find the most qualified candidate but also one who is the best fit for your organization’s culture, needs and goals through a thorough screening process. Some aspects of our screening process include:
- Create a proficiency model to measure both hard and soft skills, from technical capabilities to proactive thinking and resourcefulness.
- Conduct a technical skillset assessment challenge to test their ability to think on their feet and work within your team. Also, this will help gauge the proficiency of their expertise.
- In-person interviews are often an easy way to assess how a candidate will fit within your organization via nonverbal cues like eye contact, expressions, and gestures.
- Consider obtaining internal team input
- Reference checks can be critical as they provide insight into how a candidate has performed in the past and how they may perform.
Armed with clear specifications for the candidate you are looking for, along with the opinions of your team will provide strong standards for identifying the best possible ServiceNow professional for achieving your business goals. Partnering with InSource for ServiceNow staffing allows you access to top qualified talent in the industry who can make a long-term positive impact on your organization.
Improving ServiceNow Skills Through Training
Lastly, it’s a growing trend in 2020 to keep a talent pool rich and engaged. In this job market, IT staffing may come down to revisiting those who didn’t quite make the cut but could still be excellent potential employees if skills were nurtured.
Offering training and professional development to employees is a great way to obtain and retain talent. Training can benefit businesses by enabling Jr. level employees to gain the skills needed to be internally hired as Sr. employees and managers in the future. The ServiceNow platform is also always changing which means candidates and employees will value working for a business that offers the ability to gain new skills and further their careers.
While our thorough recruiting process should produce a team of top quality candidates, further training and experience may be necessary. The key to maintaining and growing top ServiceNow talent is to keep skills sharp and continuously advancing.
Here are two ways you can improve your employee’s ServiceNow Skills:
- Embrace continuous learning and internal development within your company culture. ServiceNow is constantly evolving and advancing causing skills to become stale if not continually updating quickly.
- Provide further ServiceNow training opportunities for your employees. At InSource, we’ve developed relevant, convenient and cost-effective hands-on ServiceNow training methods that can be customized to meet your organization’s specific needs, goals and values. Our hands-on, interactive training courses will empower your team with the necessary knowledge and skills to improve overall productivity and efficiency. ServiceNow training programs provide a safe, non-production environment to develop a detailed understanding of concepts including administration and configuration to Fulfiller process and end-user training. Check out our upcoming ServiceNow training courses
If you are an organization in need of ServiceNow talent and IT staffing services, contact us today to find out how InSource can expand your IT team with top talent and ServiceNow training.
If you are a technology worker seeking employment, please visit our careers page to see a full list of the positions we are looking to place.