Newtown, PA 18940 (NOT Newtown Square, PA)
W2 direct hire position.
Visa sponsorship/transfer is not available Base salary: 100K-110K
IMPORTANT: This is a dual role consisting of 75% SQL DBA tasks, and 25% Systems Admin tasks.Onsite interview is REQUIRED after initial phone screen. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SQL DBA tasks
- Implement, support and manage Enterprise database.
- Design and configure relational database objects.
- Maintain data integrity and availability.
- Design, deploy and monitor database VMs in Azure.
- Analyze execution plans, index coverage and SQL server statistics as well as implement indexes and perform query optimization.
- Design data distribution and data archiving solutions.
- Ensure database security, including backups & disaster recovery.
- Plan and implement application and data provisioning.
- Produce entity relationship & data flow diagrams, database normalization schemata, logical to physical database maps, and data table parameters.
Systems Admin tasks
- Help diagnose & resolve application & OS issues
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot & support workstations, laptops, printers, etc.
- Install & support PC, laptop, tablet & mobile hardware/software
- Participate in hardware/software reviews, recommend purchases & standardization.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing & create policies & procedures for upgrades.
- Work with external vendor ensuring desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Maintain and enhance HIPAA security policy and processes.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the external vendor for remediation.
- 5 years of experience in SQL database administration. Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later version
- Minimum 2 years in Windows server administration, and basic knowledge of network and desktop administration and maintenance.
- Strong in database performance monitoring & tuning, analyzing & tuning SQL queries, helping the developers setup indexes, performing backups & restore, etc.
- Ability to help setup & maintain Windows servers.
- Some knowledge of SSIS/ETL is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of information security is required.
- HIPAA experience is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree, or, equivalent work experience.