Full time, W2 role
This is a telecommuting position, with 30% travel requirement
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, documentation and turnover to ensure a successful implementation of AWS offerings. The Solutions Architect will have an impact on the organization strategically; through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
The Architect will use a consultative selling approach, identify client business issues, determine client desired outcomes and architect an information availability solution that utilizes all of company’s products and services. The Architect will manage the communication among various internal groups, such as Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Admin and executive team, to drive sales success, by adhering to company guidelines and procedures. The Architect will prioritize and maintain sales pipeline within assigned region, act as a brand ambassador for the company, provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap, partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers. The Architect will account for both high level (ROM) and detailed development estimates for a proposed solution, and manage the processes with cross-functional teams as required to envision, define, design and monitor the implementation of complex solutions to the clients. The Architect would drive efficiencies and changes within the Solutions Engineering organization through process improvements, mentor and coach the Sales organization. The Architect must be able and be flexible to travel about 30%.
- 7+ years in a consumer-facing role in solutions engineering/architecting and sales.
- Minimum 3 years assessing clients’ requirements and designing/developing pertinent AWS solutions. Senior level expertise in presales, solution development, and implementation experience for complex AWS Cloud solutions
- 5+ years in technical services, pre-sales support, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of managed hosting services, networking, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in a consulting (business or technical) role.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (AWS Advanced Networking Specialty certification preferred).
- Enterprise architecture and integrated solution design.
- IT Outsourcing design approach, datacenter transformation planning and design.
- Cloud Computing solution design – VMware.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics.
- 3-tier web architectures.
- LAN, WAN and security design.
- Storage and backup technology design.
- Basic understanding of high availability, business continuity & DR strategies & methodologies.
- Managed Hosting, data replication/data mirroring.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org